ValkingBlog: Beautiful Sunday Oil Change

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Beautiful Sunday Oil Change

So it's a beautiful Sunday, what to do, what to do? Oh, I know, let's change Zippy's oil. Been meaning to do that, today would be a perfect time to. Hunted around a little bit and found some great step-by-step instructions at Reluctant Mechanic. I was already pretty familiar with the simple process, but one thing I've learned over the years, it's never a bad idea to refresh your memory. So I gathered up the supplies I'd already bought a week ago for the task and away we went. Long story made short it all was all simple and straight forward. Zippy has a drain plug in his oil plate (don't laugh, VW omitted them in the early 70's so it being there was a good thing). Out with the old, in with the new. He's good for another 3K internally. Kiddo picked him up mid-afternoon and all is well in the world. Previously Pop's had something like slick-50 in every oil change, but this time we're all just oil. Took him around the block before and after, he sounds a little quieter. Now to look to the next job to do.
-Rob 'call me a vw enthusiast' D.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com