ValkingBlog: The local tire store

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Saturday, April 05, 2008

The local tire store

There's a local tires store, I'm going to omit the name to protect the guilty.
They didn't really try. I had my list and pretty much gave them the names of the tires to look for after I'd called earlier in the day and they let me know they'd 'look for some that would work for me'... Now this is the second contact, actually at the counter. "Oh, yes we deal with that online site, we're platinum plus super dooper associates with them..." Cool, I think, now we're going to get some decent prices. WRONG. The $67 dollar price for the online source was going to be sold to me for $116 per tire. Nope, not kidding, then lets add every other fee. "No we don't have to pay shipping, we just go pick them up from them, and only super dooper platinum plus associates can do that, they won't let you pick them up down there..." Oh rats, not only am I so low in the caste system that I don't deserve to deal with the internet site in person at their warehouse (as if I ever thought I could) like the local tire store guys can, aparently I'm too stupid to notice that local guys want to charge me $196 more for a set of tires than the site itself does. Gosh I wish I were smarter and better looking and had higher self esteem...
Final score, local guys want over $650 for 4 tires from tirerack.com , NEXT.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com