ValkingBlog: New Old Cam, and an iPod too...

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

New Old Cam, and an iPod too...

Well gang, I replaced the old handicam finally. What's that you say friends? You didn't know the old one was broken? Well, I THINK it was. At the JazzFest (see the video below) I faceplanted on it. Basically a faceplant's just falling forward in landing, tripping, whatever, well I went forward on the old handicam that was taping that flight. It was in a carry pouch, dead center of my chest. Later that day all seemed well as it played back its footage, but When Jim (see video below) came to visit I did a flight with it again and the results were very disappointing. Video goes to blue screen a lot. Fast forwarding the tape shows footage, it's just so bad (I guess) that it's dropping out when it goes to play it back. I tried a head cleaner but it didn't improve anything. (Production note, Jim's video was shot with the newer Sony Digital 8 that I use to transfer everything to the computer with.) So I was hunting a replacement for the old faithful, but crashable Handicam. Do you know how hard it is to find an old Sony Handicam with RCA jacks and a record feature? Pretty hard if you want it reasonable. Oh another factor in pricing. This model (and the one I luckily found) has the Infrared Nightshot, the early one that has "X-Ray" qualities that Sony tried to mod out of the later versions. (Believe me, it's pretty cool, but over rated.) Well yesterday, after looking for a week or two, I found one. I bought it, but also in the same case at the local pawn shop was a 4gb iPod mini, for $100. So I bought it too. Long story short, it took all the music in my computer and has 3.09gb still to spare. Like they say at McDonalds, I'm lovin it.
More soon I hope.
-Rob "deal is my middle name" D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com