ValkingBlog: The Ledger: Lakeland, Polk County, Florida

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Ledger: Lakeland, Polk County, Florida

The Ledger: Lakeland, Polk County, Florida
Published Saturday, April 23, 2005
SKY PILOTS

Power Paragliders Soar to New Heights of Freedom

By ROBIN GALLAHER BRANCH
Ledger Correspondent

POLK CITY
When Mo Sheldon took off in his powered paraglider from the grassy Fantasy of Flight field early Thursday, the first day of the 2005 PPG Convention, he knew he was headed for an adventure.
"It's always special," said Sheldon, 36, an advanced flight instructor in PPG from Phoenix.

Within seconds he was soaring about 200 feet over grazing cattle and a small lake, his engine humming like a distraught mosquito.

"A lazy hawk circled below," he said. "I decided to have some fun. I dropped a little and was so close I could make out her feathers. I was just another bird to her. She enjoyed me being there."
(more, see link)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com