ValkingBlog: Tax Day

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Friday, April 15, 2005

Tax Day

Well folks it's tax day, and I have a cold.
Once again my wife and I have waited until the last possible day to pay taxes.
Lucky for us this year, Fed we owed $600 or so, but state gave us back about $300.
Compared to a $10,000 penalty that wasn't planned for last year, I'm estatic.
Makes the Powered Parglider Convention in Orlando next weekend look a little less do-able though. Course I knew that yesterday, when my six month check-out raise that's now about nine months late wasn't on my paycheck, AGAIN. So I look at today as a catch-22. Cold, yuck (it's worse). Taxes, yuck (but awesome looking at the bigger picture). Raise, crud. I've been listening to one excuse after another for about six months as to when it'd arrive. About three weeks ago I really got suckered in when my department head pretty much said it was a done deal, "just a question as to if it's this week's check or next". So I scheduled two days off to make ParaStars (now called the PPG Convention) at Fantasy of Flight in Orlando. Was going to be four days of flying, camping, meeting with friends and saying goodbye in a way to others. (My Instructor Eric Dufour and his wife Elisabeth have left Ocala Florida for Albuquerque New Mexico.)
Eric and Elisabeth are Paratour.com that you see all over this blog...

So now it looks like it'll be two and a half days instead of four for me. and I'll be going all at the last moment. But with any luck, I will be able to make the mass launch and other convention goodies. The mass launch last year made the Guinness book of world records but was beat by the French a few months later in Basse-Ham so it should be obvious that we need every possible pilot to be in Orlando in a week to try and get that critter back.

We'll see how it goes. Otherwise not much to report here. Going to have to get back into the BLOG swing of things. Thanks for checking in.
-Robert (sniffles) D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com