ValkingBlog: Our clone (twin) in traffic

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Our clone (twin) in traffic

So today I picked kiddo up from school in Friday (our '82 VW Vanagon) and head towards church. Wednesday, church... About half way across town I look in the rearview mirror and I see a white Vanagon catching up with us in traffic. I elbow kiddo, "Look to the right..." She does and the other Vanagon comes along side.

<<<(Note here Gang, Vanagons aren't extremely common here in town, much less one that looks like a plain Jane version of us. Kiddo and I have joked that we'd better be careful, the brighness of two Vanagons together here might cause eye damage. Since getting Friday, we have only seen other Vanagon's when we're in other cars. That's how rare they are for us.) >>>

The driver's an older fellow, (than me anyway, might be 50) with a beard, like me... Hmmm, no, it's not future me (I think). He hollers a "Hi." with a big smile. I can't exactly hear his engine so I querey a holler, "Watercooled or Aircooled?" His reply was "Aircooled of course!" Rock on! "Sweet," I yell back. Traffic gets us going as the light turns green. This has to be so darn cool an event I 'll need to write about it in the blog. The plate was from Toombs County. Kiddo agreed it was a really neat thing to have a twin catch up with us as we meandered along for 3 or 4 miles looking at this better shaped mirror of ourselves. It was obvious this guy liked his VW and has taken care of it. Neat Stuff. VW guy, it was nice to see someone with a similar set of car values, be safe out there.

-Rob "couldn't have been me, right?" D.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com