ValkingBlog: Some sellers on eBay really are good people...

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Some sellers on eBay really are good people...



So Gang,
Somewhere about a week ago I'm surfing around eBay and find some pool balls for sale. I know, "what ya need with pool balls Rob?" but bear with me. I have a cane, nice one, simple, elegant, and it has a threaded head. Read that removable. Read that as you can make your own handles. So I thought, "Hey I can make some quasi Pimp Cane heads using my favorite numbers." So I did. I bid on and won "14", "7", and "13". Great price, like $.99 per. (I went with multiples so shipping would make the effort worthwhile. And in case I screwed up the first one or two.) No, I didn't get the "8" ball. There's a market for those you know, and they're a bit more pricy.
So "14" because I'm Bad Apple #14. "7" lucky, "13" unlucky. With me so far? Okay so I bid and win, and as usual I use an online payment service that shall remain un-named. Well a week goes by. No balls. I know you're asking "So Rob's got no balls, so what?" Well after a week and no balls an email comes from the seller. Hi customer, congratulations you won some balls, we offer these payment options...
Well, I shoot back an email. Hi Seller, I paid like a week ago. I thought they'd be here by now (so I could be playing with my balls). Okay, around this time most sellers say, okay we'll look into it and get back to ya, so usually I end up sending a cut&paste of the payment info and it's back and forth and eventually the item shows in a brown wrappered package sent 4th class mail global via Tibet or someplace equally far off and away. Not this time. This time the seller did something I've not seen before. This seller went the extra mile and so surprised me that I find myself telling you about it now. I hope you're paying attention. This seller refunded the payment, mailed me the balls I didn't have yet, and shot me an email to apologize. I'm impressed. This seller is a SELLER of the highest caliber. Style. This is someone with style. I hope I get a chance to do biz with him in the future. I plan on watching his auctions. I'd recommend you do the same. You'll probably be glad you did.
I know I am. So now to email back my thanks.
-Rob "shown what class really is" D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com