ValkingBlog: A New Year, A New Deal.

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A New Year, A New Deal.


Well Gang, News on all fronts.
Firstly, the holidays went well except for one tree mishap. The ladywife and I had a great Christmas Eve and Kiddo made the Christmas afternoon session. A 26th of December Low Country Boil (at Jim's place, MacbeauLand ) was great fun as I had a chance to meet his Father, Step-mom and Sister. And the food was fantastic! The New Year rang in at the bowling center and with the exception of an alarm call for a breakin X-Mas eve, all was generally peaceful and pleasant(unless you count all the new years eve gunfire, WWIII I tell ya). Had a chance to wish Officer Joe (Savannah/Chatham Police Department) a joyous season as he and 5 others answered the center's alarm.

Ah, but to the new deal. Time to move on at the old job. Brasseler USA has been good to me over the years. A two year stint fifteen years ago recently replayed (the past two years), four years combined with the company now has just gotten better. I've been a line machinist this time around, (after being a surface grinder operator last time) and now I'm moving up. Facilitiy Maintenance Tech I is the name of the new position.
Basically maintenance guy/Jack of all Trades (been there,done that before at the Bed & Breakfast Inn) . The Safety Director came around yesterday and gave me the good news. The perks: a reasonably numbered raise, company cellphone (to be on call), company computer (to make reports and send up the line) and email address (to receive work orders and communications) , and the chance to go salary in a reasonable time. I'm going to have to change uniform dress from blue collar worker shirt and jeans to business casual which will be slacks and golf shirt looking set-up. There's the need to be able to fit in anywhere in the company now so I'll have to spiff up a smigen. Long hair goes (pics when it's done). I'll answer directly to the Safety Director. Looks like a dept of two now, with me being the workforce...lol. There are five areas of coverage that the SD handled previously that are now dept areas: Maintenance, Security, Transportation, EPA, and OSHA. But don't hold me to that, it's been a whirlwind experience so far.
Position starts in a week so we'll see how it really pans out then...
I'm really looking forward to the change of pace. Will keep you all updated.
-Rob "worth a little more today" D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com