ValkingBlog: Flight Suit...

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Flight Suit...

Well today I ended up going out to the old shed searching some gear to make a new lighter weight pack and ended up bringing in some gear I aquired a few years ago because: 1. I like military surplus stuff, and 2. It was cheap as the store was under new management selling it off before they bulldozed it. What I brought in after finding the pack stuff was a flight suit. To be exact a military fliers coverall, summer weight, flame retardant (nomex), size 46 regular. It's brand new in the bag. Well it was this afternoon. After I brought it in, I decided that as I bought it years ago hoping to fly in it someday, I might as well make someday now. So I opened it up and tried it on. Fits nice except for an unflattering tightness in the stomach area, I think I tried it on just in time. just in time to know that if I don't lose the 10-20 pounds I need to lose, I won't be winning any coolness contests wearing this setup. So ladies and gentlemen, the loss is on. As I mentioned at the start of this post, I'm making a lighter pack. My main pack weighs 80 pounds or so. It's an alice frame with 75 pounds of lead bar secured to it. Something to keep me in shape enough to be able to handle my paramotorâ„¢, wear it, run with it, and so forth for flight.

Well that pack isn't what I need for everyday around the block or walking for fitness as it drives me into the ground rather quickly. So I'm making a lighter copy of it, and figure one weighing half would certainly do the trick. So I'm figuring 30-40 lbs. And I'm planning to lose weight and get in far better shape. The goal will be anything up to 20 pounds, 10 being the start. When that's reached we'll see if the plan needs modifying.
Wish me luck, I'll need it.
-Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com