ValkingBlog: Sunday 2:30 AM

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Sunday 2:30 AM

Well this working night shifts must be getting to me.
I go to sleep, wake up a few hours later for a bit and then need to get back to sleep. Just like I do all during the week so that I can still have a life.
Problem is that the system doesn't allow for the weekends so it's taking some getting used to. Oh well...
So Saturday wasn't good. No EAA meeting, it was LAST Saturday. So I overslept and instead of getting out the door at 7AM I went for the in-laws at around 1:30PM.
No flying. Just three hours up, a short visit and three hours back. Oh, and I got lost. The one time I didn't take the GPS and I made one turn one street earlier near the end of the trip and ended up in BF Egypt 30 miles from where I wanted to be.
You know two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do? Didn't today. So I back tracked, found where I needed to be, visited, and hauled ass back home with my trusty large utility trailer in tow. Never mind that I'm now going to be late and maybe even miss bowling. Add to all this: Sprint's PCS service isn't really known for it's rural coverage. So I get home, get a voicemail a block from the house that Moni's wondering where I am, change to a jacket because it's chilly now and head to the bowling alley. It wasn't nice, I should have just stayed home.

So now it's 2:43AM and I'm thinking, "Hey let's try flying again this morning."
I think I'd better go find another alarm clock so I'll wake up when I want to this time.

=(
-Robert

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

That night shift stuff is something you either love or hate. My dh loves it... but partly due to the shift differential, LOL

He usually goes to bed around 2pm, then gets up after a few hours and has a bowl of cereal, before going back to bed again. (Of course, this keeps him VERY regular, LOL)

Anyway, he sleeps 'til about 9:30... I have his coffee set to brew at 9:15 so it's ready when he gets up, then he leaves for work at about 11. (His shifts are 11:30-7:30)

He really likes being free to do as he pleases in the mornings though. On weekends he stays on the samse schedule. The only time he deviates from it is if he's on vacation... which is rough, because he gradually works his way 'round to being on "day shift" just in time to go back to work, so then he has to do a flip flop.

Good luck! Is it permanent for you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com