ValkingBlog: Signed, Sealed, Not yet delivered, I'm yours!

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Signed, Sealed, Not yet delivered, I'm yours!

A Solex Carb

So today Kiddo's Volkswagen Thing is tagged. An adventure to the tag office, police VIN number verification (something we do in Georgia if there's no title, something to make sure the car's not stolen) and line waiting. I handled about half of the efforts, Kiddo's mom handled the line. Ends up it was a great deal, kiddo got added to Mom's policy and the Thing made for a multi-vehicle discount. Instead of like near a grand a year for kiddo, it ended up being just over half that to add child + old vintage VW. Now just a day or two of driving the stick shift to build confidence and Kiddo's in her own wheels at last. Of course I want to do more & more & more to make sure everything's just right, but it's going to be a learning proccess for me too as the only child gets to come and go independent of parent's providing rides. i remember getting my grandfather's car for my own. I was FREE. (I didn't know a lot about what to do if I broke something, but I was free all the same.) With any luck, I'll teach mine some of the things she'll need to know in case of minor issues. Here's to the future, it isn't what it used to be.
-Rob "I need gas money, Dad" D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com