ValkingBlog: Friday's new smile...

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Friday's new smile...

peacewheels badge on Friday


So I was hunting around a bit on eBay a few days back. Yes,I was looking for VW parts. Found something I didn't expect to, a stylin' peace symbol to replace Friday's front VW badge. Seems like this new endeavour at the moment is only available for the Volkswagen Vanagon, but who knows, if the sales are good, it might branch into the other lines. The name leads one to think they're planning ahead: www.peacewheels.com. So looking at the auction the seller made a smart move, they listed the website. There I found the badge was available in two styles, chromed and plain (paintable). And the paintable was $5 cheaper. Long story short, I ordered one up, thought I was getting UPS super slow ground shipping, but instead found my order in the mailbox 2 days later via USPS priority mail. Yea Peacewheels!!! So I painted it up today in multiple thin coats of Krylon paint for plastics (between laps of the neighborhood with kiddo in her THING, seen in the background of the above picture) and the results are as Pop is fond or saying at the moment, "Spectacular". Friday's now got a cool badge matching her white paint. Yes, I know the Vanagon's really not the 60's and 70's hippymobile, but I have added magnetic flowers from time to time and the high schoolers at Kiddo's place of education all think it's close enough. Besides, Friday's aircooled, close to the last of the hippybus line before they all went wasserboxer... I think the badge is a beautiful touch. Life's good. By the by, Kiddo did great with her driving and although sick with a cold really had a good time. I did too.
-Rob "Hello again, Hello" D.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com