ValkingBlog: Pelican Cases

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pelican Cases


All right let’s begin.

Recently have realized there are some things in the world that are just nice to have. One of those things would be a good quality waterproof box. As it goes relating to waterproof boxes there’s just one name you need to know: pelican cases. Boys and girls if there was ever something that you wanted to protect this is the way to do it. I’ve been using them for twenty plus years and I don’t know why I haven’t shared with you before now.

You see pelican cases are waterproof, super tough, and I think military specification. In English that means the toughest case you can find to protect something. Originally the cases were of various sizes with an O-ring seal and included foam padding. Nowadays they’re still in various sizes, they still have O-rings, and they can still be found with foam padding. But the manufacturer has added pressure relief valves to most of the line and has added even smaller cases to include items as small as cell phones or I-pods.

The smallest cases run somewhere between $10.00 and $12.00, and the larger cases can go over $250.00. Depending on what you’re protecting, this is money well spent. Say your palm pilot or digital camera cost you $200.00. Would a waterproof case that shock resistant and looks like something you might take on safari (or into outer space) be worth 12-15 dollars? In my case the answer is a resounding yes! Say you’ve got a GPS unit that ran a couple of hundred, again in my case it was worth $15.00 to know that critter will be safe ( as long as I remember to put it back in the case when I’m done using it).

Another thing the company’s added is a broader color choice. When recently I went to my local boating supply store to look for a neon green in case I instead found cases in gray and tan. These two colors I had not seen previously so I bought both. When I got back home a little bit of time and a handy stiletto and I had cut the pick and pluck to form fit a Glock 26. $20.00 case protecting $400.00 - $500.00 pistol, a pretty good deal.

The fact that the case is a nice tan color makes the whole deal look like some sort of a survival issue item for a pilot in Iraq. Strong latches and able to take padlocks (depending on sizes) they’re secure as well.

I’m not kidding folks, if you’ve got something that needs super tough protection, these pelican cases are what you need (if it’s SOMEONE instead of something, go with the Glock)…


Here ends the lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com