ValkingBlog: Catch-up & Voice Recognition

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Catch-up & Voice Recognition

So, there are a lot of things to catch up on recently with the blog. Here’s the beginning of what I’d like to tell everyone about. Have you ever noticed that you’d you’ll spend a lot of time typing and typing and typing and find yourself rambling? Every so often I find myself doing that. Usually it’s not a problem but sometimes, pasting and sniping large portions of text and as a result getting it out of order can become a real hassle. I’ve begun trying to use voice recognition software that is handily enough already installed on my computer and this post will end up being the result. I’m willing to bet that there’s going to be in later posting a lot of fun with voice recognition and the resulting errors that will be found as the wrong word is placed in my post although it will be spelled correctly and thus not caught by any spellchecking software that I would normally use. We’ll then be relying on the old favorite, proof reading.



I seem to remember something a long time ago in a new world almanac, no, in the whole earth catalog, you all remember that, don’t you? The whole earth catalog. Well it really was a whole earth catalogue. It was a large hardbound book that had the most amazing things in it and addresses and contact information for the companies that made those things. It had everything. The thing that I recall and am now sharing with you was from the nineteen eighties I believe. What I remember from it was the story of little red riding hood the funny thing about it was that the entire story was told by the use of the wrong words. For example, the phrase “don’t stop to talk with strangers”, was told by the use of the words “ done stopper torque wet strainers “. All in all it was quite funny and I look forward to finding it and sharing it with you all. Long story short, this speech recognition software thing is kind of like that story. As I’ve proofread what I’ve been saying from time to time, I’m seeing words that are not what I said only a moment before. It’s really kind of funny. So for the next couple of posts, or until you hear me tell you otherwise, please understand that I’m having a lot of fun simply saying instead of typing my posts. I hope that as a result my blog posting will be more fun to read, and not become some form of a manifesto or other craziness.



Pasting and sniping will be done at a later point and will of course look like I’ve just typed it. In all likelihood several posts will appear at the same time or only moments a part and if you see this, that’s how and why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com