ValkingBlog: Tag Day!

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Tag Day!

Well today was the last possible day to renew my tags on all the vehicles.
So I did. It was a bargain. 5 tags/decals for $163.00
Short list:
My 1973 Volkswagen Thing
My 1981 Chevy C-10 pickup
My 2000 Honda Shadow
My 3 year old utility trailer
My 1 year old utility trailer

So now I have a problem, previously I mentioned that I was getting the Chevy back up and running, and I have... Well tag day reminds me, I haven't seen my big utility trailer in almost a year. You see, my father in law needed to borrow it about 18 months ago and a nephew came and picked it up, last tag day I mailed the decal to him because it was prudent to do so rather than making to 70 mile trip to deliver the decal. We went visiting in January and low and behold my trailer's visiting my sister-in-law & her husband's place next door. Well now it's not legal for them to continue using my trailer for whatever purpose (at the time, Opa needed it to haul his mower to cut grass on a home he was selling, must have sold by now) they've been using it for while forgetting to return it so I guess I need to show up some morning to pick it up... Just hope the tires haven't rotted off or the deck eaten thru by termites or weather... It's kind of a handy trailer, I've hauled parts VW's on it and even a Cooper Mini with/for my best friend Jim. His blog has a pic or link to a pick of it somewhere on it : http://macbeau.blogspot.com/ .
Perhaps I'll just go on up the road next time I go to an EAA meeting (taking the flying gear) and get in an evening flight and get photos of the place for Opa. Oh, the nephew also wants to get a paramotor so it might do several good things all at the same time... so I guess I should plan to take the ride, before they figure out the tags expired and call asking for the new decal, guess it's just a classic CATCH-22.
Hmmm.
-Robert


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com