ValkingBlog: The Lion Sleeps Tonight...

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Lion Sleeps Tonight...


Well, tonight at Southern Motors Honda of Savannah a car waits with my name on it I am sad to say it's not a Volkswagen. I am happy to report however that our 3 Honda motorcycles now have sibling on the way in the form of a Honda FIT. It's pretty much what you see in the picture above, a nice red subcompact fuel saving station wagon. We got one pretty much right off the truck as the red one we saw on entering the lot was already spoken for. Off the truck did I say? Yep, it still had all the paint protector on it and plastic on all the seats and needs to get 'dealer preped' and everything. Only one hiccup; after the ink was all done, financing approved and we left with plans to pick the red sled up tomorrow, we got a few calls from the dealership. Seems like the price we all agreed to with the keyless entry and security system didn't include the price of the security system. The owner (or his son) wanted me to believe the finance company wouldn't go the extra $300. The loan fellow let me know it was a communication problem, somewhere in the leaving and asking again about the security system and being assured it was in stock and would be installed, someone forgot to let us know it just wasn't paid for, Yet. I could be wrong, but the optimist in me makes me want very hard to believe it's an honest mistake. I let everyone know I'm sure it will all come out fine in the wash. It could be worse, I could have gone with the dealership in town that if I had added the splash guards (a $100 item) would have been wanting $1068 for the three. I decided looking at the installation instructions online, I'll buy my own genuine honda accessories in that case and install them myself (Just like I did with my Shadow. The electronics however (2 very nice little wiring harness additions and a module)I'll leave to the professionals. I'll let y'all know soon how it all turns out and get some real pictures up. Funny, now I'm looking at having a car that gets fuel economy in line with my eight year old motorcycle. Life is good.
-Rob 'FIT is Go' D.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com