ValkingBlog: Like almost any other Saturday

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Like almost any other Saturday


Well almost anyway. There have been a few Saturdays since my last posting so I guess it's time to catch up. A few things. My daughter went on and is back from a church mission to Haiti. I had the chance to shear off an exhaust flange on my flying machine while in flight. My van, the BA14-mobile, decided to have brake problems so I put it on the short bus list and have replaced it. I've replaced the exhaust flange on the flying machine and it's airworthy again. Before it failed I had the chance to fulfill one of my dreams passing the torch to a 5 year old nephew. I threw a 12-inch GI Joe (complete with parachute) from near 100ft to the aforementioned nephew. He's now both a GI Joe and uncle Rob fan. I've been working on the replacement for the old van. I picked it up on Friday the 13th. Instead of calling it "Jason", I noted a distinct girlness and instead call her 'Friday' as in 'my girl Friday'... adding magnetic daisy's she's a real 80's hippie magnet. (Pun intended) Happily married of course I don't really need any hippies... But hey, life goes on.

So back about what, three years ago the ladywife and I looked at a 70's bus that was rotted away and extremely questionable, well not 'Friday'. She's one smooth running lady of only slightly newer breeding (still aircooled however, so no wasserboxer problems!) and has VW Bus written all over her. Needless to say, I'm trilled to have found her. Now for more custom touches and rare part hunting. Smile everyone, it's the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com