ValkingBlog: Inner Art of Airmanship > Last Flight with Sam

ValkingBlog

Because there is more to life than just work...

Monday, June 19, 2006

Inner Art of Airmanship > Last Flight with Sam

Inner Art of Airmanship > Last Flight with Sam: "I had no idea this would be the last time I saw Sam Hamilton. However we were well aware that this was not an ordinary time. It was the middle of September, 2001, a few days after all civilian flying stopped in the United States.
I'd been at home since the eleventh in a dazed state. I held close to my girlfriend, both of us wondering what the future of the airline business would be. At the time we lived under the approach path for runway 7R at Milwaukee's Mitchell International, but there had been no jet noise for there had been no traffic in days. The silence was unsettling, broken only by the occasional military C-130 Hercules transport flying overhead. I headed out to the small country airport to see Sam."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Who links to me? Get Free Shots from Snap.com